Monday 16 January 2012

Who said you can't put a price on love?

My life is taking new paths, all of which I have to make and work really hard towards achieving (time to get the choccy out).., getting engaged is one thing, but getting both of us into the same country will be a challenge with visa's, and of course England only recognises a relationship at a marriage level between two men, unlike the USA so Mark and I have lots to talk about and planning to do..

Visas are not cheap either so we'll be saving lots too! They say you can't put a price on love... Oh yes you can! Be it in a visa form... and all the conditions attached to a visa like having enough income and savings to support your partner.

Of course my main priority at the moment is landing a job, and it is vital to me that I can stand on my own two feet and pay my own way and also do a job I enjoy.

I don't want to talk much about jobs as I'm rather superstitious and don't want to jinx things :D Are you superstitious? I often see a lot of signs in things that tell me things are right now to do this or something, yes I know I sound a little loony haha, but seriously I get quite a bit of deja vu, it's as if something in front of your face has been lifted and you can see another dimension... and some of it I have seen years before, but I still remember it..... One time I remember it feeling quite unsettling and I was unable to pin down the feeling it gave me. I still can't now, it was almost foreboding but had good in it too.

Things are changing around me as I move into the next stage of life, and I have been thinking I would love to get into creating a painting that will take me a while to finish, learning new techniques and with varnishes and sparkly stuff :D

I like my pencil portraits but moving into the world of work it will be nice to have something less technical to do in the evening, and I want to express true feelings rather than base an artwork from someone's face. Saying that, I will never give up the portraits, maybe they will adapt over time too :)

I have it in my mind that I want to draw someone who really inspires me, (my problem is always making the time to do these while I job hunt), I can see it in my mind, not quite like my work so far and I hope it will look awesome. Getting that idea down on a surface and executing it as I see it in my mind will be another matter. I'll have to make a few plans :)

I hope 2012 has been positive for you so far :)

Jonny

No comments:

Post a Comment