Sunday 11 December 2011

England Is Full of Rubbish!

Take a look at the road you are travelling on, or in a hedgerow you are walking past with your dog, and you'll undoubtedly find a piece of litter staring back at you. 

I was travelling to work 3 months ago and I was stuck in traffic on a dual carriageway approaching a roundabout. I looked out of my window at the central reservation and was appalled at the amount of coffee cups, crisp packets and general litter that was strewn across the grass. 

It is truly disgusting how filthy our countryside is and it should put us to shame. It is not just select members of the general public who through litter out of their car windows without a care, but also certain farmers who do not tidy up or take care of their land. 

Walking the dog I always see cans, plastic crates, tyres and crop insulation entangled in hedgerows, as well as old farm machinery rusting away. 

I have decided to make a little YouTube video on the rubbish in our countryside to highlight the problem, so over the next week or so I will be taking my camera out and about to go find rubbish! It shouldn't be too hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment