Sunday 12 February 2012

Wandering The Streets Of London


There is nothing I love more while in London than having a good wander. Cameras in my bag and a good pair of comfy shoes and I'm set :)

I know people love their Google maps these days, but I just have my tube map in my head and a knowledge of where I roughly am, and off I go, searching for photo opportunities and a spot of people watching!

Today I went up to view a flat, and then came back down to Oxford Circus and wandered down to Liberty, Carnaby Street and through Soho towards Covent Garden. I had to duck into a coffee shop for some hot choccy to warm myself up though, cus it was freeeeezing.

What was really cool about being out before 10am in London on a chilly, Sunday morning was that there was NO ONE around at all.... Regent Street was deserted like I have never seen it, and Soho was empty too. I'll have to remember this for some good photo opportunities in the future if the weather is cool.

The brand new W Hotel is really cool, the outside actually films the sky through lots of cameras and then the outer skin of the building 'reflects' what the sky was like that day! (It wasn't purple) I've edited this photo but look it up :) So at night time it is all colourful and I think it's a sign of the new up and coming Leicester Square which has always been a bit shabby. It is all currently under renovation so hopefully it will look a lot better when it is finished.







One of the posh houses in Maida Vale! I went up to have a look at Little Venice which is an area with some canals, which were all frozen over and narrow boats were pushing through breaking the ice!




Next time you're out and about take a look at things you wouldn't normally and se what you can find! I like looking for alleys in central London, and this is one of my favs to look down. 

So tonight I might go out to the BAFTA's and celeb spot if I'm not too tired or cold :) We will see. So this week is gonna be getting stuck into work and flat hunting. 

See you all soon 

Jonny :)








P.S. Shop windows can make such good photo opps!

No comments:

Post a Comment